Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fastest Point And Shoot



The Visitor

PART




*

Jim gently took the baby in her arms and climbed the stairs.

saw the vampire coming off his coat and what remained of his shirt, clenching his teeth in pain, he wanted to hope once again that it was all a dream, and shook the head, then walked down the aisle and laid his daughter in her bed, tuck and gently stroking her cheek. He was retracing his steps to where a terrible, a cross between a scream, a roar gorgoglìoe put her wings on his feet and rushed down the stairs, thinking to find his wife with his throat cut. So it was not: Alice found standing with a blanket in hand and the face pale, while the vampire writhing on the floor with her back arched and his chest on fire. Exploded in the garden yet another feast of barks, howls and cries of joy.

"I KILL? I have to turn off? Please, leave me off, oh my God, Jim, is burning alive, oh God .. "
" Not ... more ... "growled Raistan and poured more alcohol on the wounds on fire, fueling new sources of new primal screams. A nauseating stench of burning flesh was spreading into the room and took Jim to take a hand to his mouth to keep from throwing up. He turned, as drunk, and climbed the ladder to go by his daughter, in case you had woken up to all that noise.
The vampire began to tear a hand with the teeth in a desperate attempt to retain screams; cried Alice, in turn, and when he saw that his hair were on fire threw him over with a blanket, smothering the flames, before falling to sit on the floor with his stomach in an uproar. The body behind her, which rose more than just a wisp of smoke, as the path jolted by electric discharge. The cry had been reduced to a rattle, no less terrible because seemingly endless, which echoed the confusion outside.
Alice jumped up, walked like a fury to the door-window and opened it cracked
"Enough! Be quiet, let him at least die in peace, not you have already done enough? E. .. E. .. Do not step on my hydrangeas, "

The pack fell silent instantly, and Alice closed the door violently, bursting into tears and slipping down on the floor, exhausted. A giggle and he received the raise face streaked with tears. The vampire was watching "The ... hydrangeas, Alice?"
no longer even have the strength to rise from the ground, the cat woman up to him and laughed in turn, almost hysterical, then turned and vomited ;. "Excuse me ... It was the most frightening that I've ever gotten. "
" I no, unfortunately. Thank you for remaining. "
" At least it worked? How do you feel? "
" As if I was on fire ... you know Alice, now as pale as me. "
A faint smile illuminated the face of the woman.
"Come, help to lie down on the couch and I'll get the bandages to bind up."
The vampire had lost his usual elegance in their movements and Alice was almost forced to lift the weight off the ground. Fortunately, an ashen Jim and embarrassed reappeared and helped them both.
"How did it go? I'm sorry, my wife is accustomed to seeing all kinds of wounds, but ... I was too much, in fact. I'm just an accountant ... "
Raistan gave him a weak smile," It's all right, Alice. You're lucky. "
" I know. At least it served to you? ... This horror, I say. "
" Between ourselves, I think not. Perhaps it has slowed down a bit 'infection, just to give me time to do what I do, but the poison was already too widespread. No matter, I had imagined: it was almost obvious. "
Alice had returned with its load of bandages and plasters and, after hearing those words, her eyes filled with tears again.
"He was so sure," said Jim, "because to undergo this torture?"
"And deprive me of the pleasure of someone who took care of me? The sensation that you cared? "
Alice's eyes widened," Are you crazy, really. You may have crowds of beautiful vampire and human fall at his feet and prefers to be burnt alive by a nurse thirty-five overweight. "
" She is beautiful. It is so alive ... "
" What makes us try with my wife? "

All three smiled, then Alice and Jim took care to wrap the chest of the vampire tortured by working in silence under her scowl . They acted with the utmost delicacy and apologized to him every time he caused him pain, he dabbed the sweat from his face, as if they were dealing with a family instead of a murderess fallen into their house to disrupt their lives.
"How are you doing?"
"To do what?"
"To be so kind to someone like me. I'm reading and I do not feel hate, do not even feel a great fear. How is it possible? "
Alice shrugged," She is unwell and it is here in our house. What should we do now, to be holed up in a corner to cry and shake with fear? Maybe she will be kind to us at the end, and will not allow these beasts come and kill us all. I am sure that under those canines at the bottom of a heart beat, even if she does everything to convince us otherwise. "
" In my long life I have done terrible things, I Believe. "
" There seems to be proud of, that's something. Here we are done. Rest a little ', now. "
" How long do we have? "
" Do not worry about it. Get plenty of rest. "
" Jim, you have a clock that flashes in the head, is a bit 'hard to ignore ... "
Jim blushed and looked down:" Excuse me, is that they are a bit 'nervous by nature, especially since we have Ellie. "
" I see that is missing about a quarter of an hour will do. "
Raistan closed his eyes and stood motionless, as if to gather strength. Alice felt that better accommodate the pillow under his head and Jim with a blanket that covered him, wanted to go down memory lane to when someone had dealt with him in the easy way, but try as she might, she could not. It had been too long, and his memories were hazy and confused human, like a dream that you are unable to grasp. Patience. He would settle for silence.

"Um ... the ultimatum is about to expire ..."
The vampire drew back the blanket and sat down, bowing his head for a moment in his hands, then took a deep breath and stood up that way so meteoric that puzzled humans.
"I want my coat, please."
"There's a back door," said Alice. "There's even a roof hatch, could try to escape from there ..."
Alice put her hands on her shoulders and tried to push it back down, but it was groped as to move a concrete wall .
"Raistan Van Hoeck not run away, not at this point. Ci sono cose che… un vampiro deve fare per il solo fatto di essere un vampiro. Right, Jim? "He said, echoing the thoughts of mankind for a few hours before.
Jim looked down and nodded.
"Ye men of any kind ... you are unbearable! Why will not even try to save themselves? It makes no sense! "
He smiled, the first real smile of that crazy night and Alice think it so sad and sweet as he had seen in a long time despite the flash of lightning elongated canines. Then he took her hands Raistan the woman between her and bent down to touch the back with pale lips.
"I said I do not fight, I give it to them like a sacrificial lamb. But if it still left a shred of humanity in me, I can not stand here and wait until you pay for me. Thanks for everything. You made me feel less alone and more human than I felt for a long time. Now there is more time. Give my regards to Ellie. "
" I'm here, sir. Go away? "
" Yes, baby, I gotta go. I'm sorry I woke up. "
"I do not see you anymore?"
"I'm afraid no, Ellie. I have to go somewhere far away, but I hope it will be good ... even for people like me. "

He started to turn around, but she took his hand and reached out to him his stuffed mouse:
" ; Take it, sir. To me it is almost always fear go away ... "
Raistan put his long pale hand and furrowed veins of the head of the child:" It would spoil too much, baby. I'll take with me in another way in here. "And she leaned a hand on his chest.
Then, the vampire named Raistan moved with the speed of a shadow towards the French window, opened it and went out in the cold of the night, greeted by a roar of terrifying barks and howls. The
Andrews ran to the window and saw them for a moment the strange visitor in crouch position battle, they felt, despite the uproar, the mighty roar of gushing from his throat, met for a moment his gaze still grateful, then they preferred not to see nothing and attempted to return to the normalcy of their lives.


EPILOGUE


Alice Andrews, nothing been the same since then. He tried to behave as always, fulfill its tasks in home and away with his usual efficiency, playing with Ellie, but her thoughts kept returning there, day after day, night after night. Hardly slept and spent hours, motionless in bed, imagining the most horrible fate for the vampire, unable to impedirselo, unable even to erase the sense of guilt for leaving him out to be massacred by wolves. It had not even thanked him for his sacrifice, giving it almost for granted.

The next morning those crazy events, had gone out into the garden to check the status of things: everything was normal, as if it were just a dream. Looking good, however, had found traces of blood in the grass and iced the armband with a leather coat that had seen his wrist Raistan. Her heart did a somersault in chest. I had collected, cleaned and had examined the jacket. The emblem in white gold, oval, was a lion rampant between two opposing crescent moon, a notch below read: "Non omnis moriar" (I will not die at all). She had worn without even thinking about it and when her husband had seen him that night, he looked but did comments. Alice also suspected that his nights were not peaceful, had surprised him awake at his side on several occasions, however, talk about it, it seemed too painful for both. It was also asked if there were infatuated with the vampire and had failed to give an honest answer. Maybe it was too early. To make matters worse, Ellie asked often of the "White Lady" of where he had gone and why he could not return to find them.

"But ... you've never been afraid of him, babe? How is it possible? "Asked his father once, after yet another question. The girl looked at him as if he were crazy.
"Why should I be afraid?! He was sick and sad, it was not bad! It was just pretend, "Jim smiled and kissed her on the head. Perhaps the children can read minds. Then one morning nearly two months later, Alice was down to collect the mail and, in half the usual leaflets and bills, he found an envelope with the address is written in elegant calligraphy-fashioned, all aflutter. Her heart had missed a shot, was hurriedly returned home and sat on the sofa, opening the envelope and pulls out a sheet of fine paper and heavy, ivory.
; ;

Paris, February 23

Dear Mr Andrews, Alice and Jim,

I am pleased to write these few lines to let you know I did. Grimulf will still have to wait before being able to satisfy his thirst for justice at my expense. When I came out from your home, not hoping for anything but a quick end, I find I have more faithful friends than I had never imagined. They fought beside me, I have taken care of, I have been close until I was able to carry back to myself, just like you. It was the biggest surprise of my life and made me reflect on many things, about what we talked about during my stay with you. Now I am obliged to make choices and this means that living with myself and my condition while regrettable, is more bearable, day after day.

I hope you found my bracelet. Despite its age, is very old and precious. Make of it what you will feel more appropriate, although a part of me hopes that you will want to keep as a souvenir of our evening together.

I wanted more pleasant circumstances had led us to make mutual understanding, but I'm sure that in that case, my stupidity would not have allowed to appreciate how it has come true.

With these words, I leave and I wish you all the best.

Please give a big hug to your lovely little girl, let her know that the "White Lady" and thinks that his journey so far has been pleasant.

Your servant and debtor forever

Raistan Van Hoeck.




Alice briefly shook the letter to his chest, his face streaked with tears, then stood up and took her to the kitchen, where the affixed with a magnet on the door of the fridge. Even Jim could see her, just returned home. He wiped his face, touched the paper with a dreamy smile, then went upstairs and began to make the beds.


; ;
                                                                                            Finish.




WRITTEN BY LUCIA Guglielminetti.

Raistan Van Hoeck's character and all the characters that appeared in this story are his creation and therefore belong to her.



(NB OF CLAUDIA: I had to put the tag fanfiction to make it easier to find the post, but of course THIS IS NOT 'A fanfiction. It' an original short story, written by Lucia Guglielminetti).





0 comments:

Post a Comment