Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Kidney Infection How Long Should I Take Off Work?




The Visitor




"Mom, Dad, wake up! I'm scared! "

Jim Andrews opened one eye and turned the digital clock on the bedside of his wife. The 3:35, and good ...
Ellie "Ellie, go back to sleep, you dreamed of ..."
"What's happening? Ellie, are you okay? "
Alice, wife of Jim and mother of Ellie, emerged from the depths of the duvet. She turned on the light and found herself staring at her daughter, shivering in her nightgown of Hello Kitty, with her stuffed mouse close to the chest.
"Love, what is it?"
"I heard a loud noise from below, and then the sound of someone crying. You have not heard? "
" No, baby, you had dreamed. You want to come here with us? "
" I dreamed, I'm sure! I was already awake, even out there are some strange noises! Dad, please, do not you go see? "
Jim sighed and gave up. He knew too well his daughter to the illusion of being able to calm her down - and back to sleep - if he had not bent to his will.
"Ok, Ellie, ok, I go. You tucked under the covers with mom, if not catch cold. "
The girl obeyed, and Jim took his first steps across the room, the sound of something that was shattered on the ground floor and snatched it froze in place a screamed his wife and daughter.
"Since I was not dreaming? Is there anyone down, I knew it! "
" Alice, called the police and close yourselves inside. I'm going to see. "
" T'AZZARDARE NOT TO LEAVE HERE ALONE! "Alice screamed clutching the child.
"Sst, Shut up, you want to notice that we have heard? "
" Better, maybe they leave. The phone, Jim, get that phone! "
" Take thou, I'm going to see. "

opened the door of the closet and pulled an old baseball bat, then walked out of the room before the wife could protest. Women do not understand, there were things that a man must do for the mere fact of being a man.
He stopped on top of the stairs and stood listening, with all the nerves. Ellie was right, you could hear strange noises from outside, if a There was careful, like a low growl interspersed with angry words. A new crash startled him from under the bat and almost fell out of hand. Ellie and Alice screamed again, then Jim heard his wife enter a phone number in a frenzy.
"Hello?! Hello?! Shit, you answer! Oh my God, Jim, there is no line ... "
Ellie began to cry.
Jim got the first steps, his heart pounding in my chest.
His legs were as stiff as sticks, as if they belonged to someone else and not by Jim Andrews, accountant forties, red hair and the ready wit. Maybe it was a dream, maybe he was not really down the ladder, maybe there were only four steps to separate it from the unknown and the duty to protect his family in person. He stopped, was imposed to control your breathing is too laborious and almost screamed when the cold hand of his wife caught him by the forearm.
"What the hell are you doing both, the Holy Christ? Return immediately above, "he hissed, but he knew that nothing could change her mind.
"We can not be there alone, please ..." said Alice.
Whoever the intruder, it was impossible that they had not yet heard. What did they want? As a thief must have been a little, though it was already managed to smash two objects. And if it was not a thief, what was he doing in their house? Why did not the alarm sounded?

"The warning there would be no good, or even your phone. He would only put at risk other people besides you, believe me. "
The voice came from the bottom of the ladder from the living room, and made his skin crawl to the three Andrews close to each other on the third last step. The tone was polite, the sentence handed down to a barely audible volume, with an accent difficult to place, but never as now Jim Andrews wanted to turn and flee.
"Please sit down ... I only ask not to turn on the light, for the time being groped and non-heroic gestures. Ellie, do not be afraid, go and sit on the couch with mom and dad. "
" How do you know my name, sir? "
" People like me know many things, dear. I also know that your dad is thinking of doing something very stupid ... Believe me, Mr. Andrews, is much better than to sit on the couch with his wife and daughter. "
Jim, Alice and Ellie sat down gingerly, continuing to hold on to each other as hamsters in the den. Jim could barely hide his nervousness. How the hell did that guy know what he was thinking - by the way, the gun in the closet near the entrance - and because he knew their names? We were keeping an eye on? They wanted to kidnap one of them? Oh my God, Ellie, rather than him, but not the child, or Alice.
"I do not think nonsense, please," continued the intruder. "I have other problems at the moment ... ... aaarghhh" The
Andrews rose to their feet as one when they heard lament quell'agghiacciante gushing from the throat of their host. He glimpsed the outline of the room on the second sofa, placed at right angles to the first, and saw him collapse, turned in on itself, while outside, through the door window overlooking the garden, a whole cacophony of barking, howls, coarse laughter, exploded as a signal, making the three victims cry out in terror.
"What's out there?" Cried Jim. "WHAT THE FUCK IS THE OUT!? Answer me, by God! "Read
terror, Jim launched himself into the mysterious visitor, and tried to clipping to clothes, but was rejected by an extraordinary force, and found himself flying across the room.
"What the fuck?" He thought, rising from broken windows, amazed and terrified that more painful. He was thrown to three meters away, tearing down the vessel of the nozzle of happiness.
"Jim! Jim! "
" Dad! Leave him alone, ugly, not to hurt my dad, "
" Do not ... touch me ... do not ever try to touch me, I warn you ... and you two sessions, "
This command was given at a volume likely to be mother and daughter screaming in unison, but got the desired effect: the two resided with a crash on the sofa, as if shot.
"They out there, I'm not here for you ... I'm here for me. It's me they want ... ... I did not know where else to go ... I just ... I just need some rest '... but ... rest ... "
The last word was spoken almost in a whisper, then the figure stood motionless and silent, her head thrown back against the couch. Jim slowly rose from the ground and sat down next to her women, who embraced him crying softly.
"Sir, you are wounded, I understand. My wife is a nurse, because it allows us to turn on the light and help you? Could you please ... "
" Put it this way: as long as I'm safe here, those out there would never do anything to endanger, for their families are sacred, not for me ... I am selfish and only care about myself, then you have a problem ... a big problem ... I'm thirsty ... "
" I can bring water, if I leave go to the kitchen. "
The guest laughed loudly, but soon the laughter turned into a frantic fit of coughing and forced him to bend back on itself, gasping and groaning.
"I can not stay here doing nothing with a choking on my couch, I'm sorry!" So

Alice Andrews spoke, the warrior, and turned on the light before the guests could do something about it. There was a moment of silence interdict in which the four defendants were fixed, then in order: the guest closed his eyes and sighed, exhausted, Jim choked and cursed mentally curse the wife who always wanted to do his own thing ; Alice put her hands to his face and stared, unable to give the slightest sound, Ellie said, "Wow!"
Being on the couch again opened his eyes and the corners of his mouth sag a hint of a smile: "In three hundred years is the first time someone looks at me and says wow , little girl."
Ellie got up and walked towards the strange individual. The hand of her mother snapped and grabbed his arm, but she struggled with the decision without even looking back. He reached his hand slowly and touched his cheek, whose skin was so pale as to leave a glimpse of the network of veins beneath.
«Sei freddo… vuoi che ti porti il mio pigiamino con gli orsetti?»
Le labbra dell’essere tremarono di nuovo retention of hilarity, but soon twisted into a grimace of pain. He dropped back, her long blond hair, almost white, to cover his face bloodless. He wore a long black coat from the old-fashioned, and when the flaps of his overcoat opened the eyes of horrified Andrews appeared four huge gashes that crossed diagonally around the chest, bleeding and infected air.
'Oh my God, "said Alice," were those dogs out there to reduce it? You need to go to hospital, does not understand? "
" There are dogs ... and no ... I can not go to the hospital ... Ellie already knows that I'm different, in that special way that children have to figure things unexplained. Sooner or later you too will understand and regret that he turned on the light, because when you are convinced that what they are, you will also understand that those out there are not dogs, but something much worse. And though there may be around things like that, here in your beautiful city, with manicured gardens and the station wagon in the garage, God knows what else may exist. There are limits and this is something simply unacceptable for adults. "

"Raistaaan ..." voice called from the outside, "yu-huuuuuu Raistan ... ... come out, let it be as good people, you're good, do not force us to go ... so you do not escape, You know, you have been bitten and scratched, it's just a matter of time, let us finish the job ... Raaaaaiiiiist, tell me, 'burnt'
A chorus of coarse laughter greeted this last question, after which a new access barking and howling of the occupants of the house fell silent.
"Now, I ask you, look at me." Being named Raistan turned my gaze to the three humans, strange blue eyes like ice, with red flecks in the iris and pupil a disturbing portrait as that of snakes.
"The are looking at, believe me, we do not have eyes for you."
"Then you say what you think."
"You are ... a little 'pale ..." stammered Jim .
"And?"
"You're as cold as the snow! And your eyes like my cat! "
"Ellie!"
A slight smile curled his lips again individual.
"And?"
"Listen," Jim blurted out, "let's stop with the jokes. I do not care what she is, I just want to know what will happen to us and what we can do for this to end soon. What he wants us to believe that exactly? What is a vampire? "
The silence of the unknown, almost like an admission of guilt, gave further nerve to Mr. Andrews. On a Suddenly, a sort of short-circuit the mental shock and detonated all at once the accumulated tension.
"Enough!" He cried, rushing to the individual and taking his face in his hands. "You can not, absolutely can not believe this is a joke, candid camera," Jim
he felt the chill of the skin but would ignore it against all logic: "It's all a trick, Alice, someone is kidding, this shit is rigged, has the contact lenses, did you contact lenses? "
Raistan left him do. It lets you handle the face as if to ask myself, pull my hair, even open his mouth, he let Jim hunted exultant gash on his finger into his chest and portray the shooting as if it were burned, and then, as fast as a snake, slipped behind him without even giving him time to realize it, froze the arms in an iron grip and brought his mouth a few inches from his throat, drawing the terrible fangs.

"What you see, Alice? Tell your husband what he sees at this time. "
'teeth, Jim ... not fake ... Oh God, please do not do it ... "
"Now you believe it, Jim? Do you think your wife? "Yes
believer, had believed from the moment he had slipped half a hand in the wound on his chest and he felt cold as a piece of meat just out of the fridge.
"Yes! Yes, I believe, she is a vampire, that's why he laughed when I brought the water, oh God, please, we have a child ... "
Raistan pushed him away, leaving that place on the resumption sofa with his family. He saw them hug and felt a sense of sadness and envy, because for centuries no one hugged him, no one felt anything for him if not terror, disgust, and sometimes even lust, but never, never love, compassion, desire for the purest kind. He would die alone and no one would, no one would even know, those people would have even breathed a sigh of relief, as blame them?
Furious with himself for having left to take that kind of thinking stood up abruptly, just a powerful crash of vertigo made him fall on his knees at the foot of his stunned hostages. The venom of werewolves, present in their saliva, was spreading very fast. That was the night of forgotten sensations ... his body, from the moment of transformation that occurred many years before, had only ever been very efficient war machine. No diseases, no old age and its infirmities, the only negative feeling that he knew, but had learned to control a long time, it was the thirst. Now, those waves of grief that overwhelms him, more and more intense and frequent, they were horrible, but ... interesting. He felt more alive now at the brink of death, which over the past 305 years, so many it could count as her creator had bite.

Jim Andrews, noting the distracted, tried a last desperate act of courage sprang from the couch, grabbed the vampire managed to crawl on the ground, ripping out an angry groan, but these are instantly collected, turned and lifted the shirt back on their feet with him .
"He's the liver, Mr. Andrews, you have to recognize. Come with me. "
In an instant, Jim found himself in front of the door. It was amazing the speed with which the vampire is moved, it had seemed to fly, handle and felt as if weightless. Raistan placed himself behind her and opened the glass door, "Grimulf! Want to have this beautiful little family on his conscience? You know I would not scruple, I do not ever ... "a volley of howls and growls welcomed his words. "Get away! Let me go and I will not do them no harm! Grimulf, where are you? You are too cowardly to let you out? "
" I'm here, Raistan. "An individual
huge gray suit made his way in the middle of the pack of wolves that infested the garden of giant Andrews. In light of the only streetlight in front of their house, the shining eyes of animals, such as red lanterns. "You know, we decided to surprise you. What, after all, a family, if infected freeing the world from your presence, we can save another hundred or a thousand? "
" WHAT? "Jim exclaimed in unison and the vampire.
"That's right. Sorry, Mr. Andrews, but she stumbled into one of the worst representatives of their abject species. For years, we give chase. Do not even imagine the crimes that have been stained with his host, so we decided that we are willing to do anything to end his life last night, even to sacrifice three of you. "
" But ... you can not, we have a child, not ... "
"I know very well, Mr. Andrews, and I am very sorry, but there is no other way. Raistan, for the respect I bear you, despite everything, I give you one hour. If you're lucky, our poison will kill you first, otherwise we will pick you and not the presence of these people to stop. It's all clear? "
" are bluffing. You're not really saying, it's never happened anything like that, you can not do it! "
" Why are you so warm? Within an hour you'll find out, right? "
"You'll have to get you, I will never leave."
"If so be, so it will be."
Raistan backed by dragging with it the poor Jim, he closed the door and let him ; go. He went back on the couch and hugged his wife, who wept in silence, and her daughter saw them with air more curious than frightened. How he wanted to be in place, unaware of everything ...

"It's true what that guy said?" Asked Alice, after a few moment.
"About what?"
"on her. On what he did. "
" I'm a vampire, Mrs. Andrews, and only in the film vampires can decide to be good. The goodness can not live with our power, we are murderers, that's all. "
" Perhaps you can decide who to kill, you can make a compromise, no? Between a rapist of children and the children themselves can choose the first, is it? "
" You want to know how I choose my victims, right? Absolutely necessary, I'm afraid. I'm not an executioner, I am a predator. "
" Yes, but it is not an animal. It has intelligence, culture, feelings, it is possible that these factors do not in any way influence his choices,'ll never believe it. Even a lion chooses the weak element of the herd of zebras. You want me to believe that he does? "
" Yes, I do not, sorry to disappoint you. "
'Balle'.
Raistan smiled weakly and closed his eyes:" She's just a nice type, there is what to say. "
" And now? ... That will leave those things come here and kill us too, or think of something? "
The vampire seemed to be unconscious. His head fell on his shoulder constantly and you could tell he was making an enormous effort to maintain a presence.
"Answer me, please ... what is wrong with going to do?"
Alice saw the vampire's eyes rolled back and jumped up from the couch, taking him by the shoulders and shaking him firmly: " Not yet, there is no try ... "
"Alice" Jim whispered, "that the hostages are usually happy when their captor pulls the bucket, what the hell are you doing, let him lose, we go out of here!"
"You ... you're right Jim, I'm sorry Let's go. "
The vampire reached out a hand like lightning and grabbed Alice's arm, tearing a scream.
"Not yet. You must help me. "His face was beaded with tiny droplets of red and Alice touched with fingers, amazed. He thought it looked like a beautiful statue which an artist a bit ' bizarre wanted to add some disturbing details: eyes, angelic hair, transparent skin and the teeth of hell.

"You're sweating blood ..."
"So it is, for those of my race. It becomes a problem when you want to wear light-colored clothing. Now he must get a flammable liquid, such as alcohol or gasoline and a lighter. "
" Why? What you gonna do? You do not want to set fire to the house! "
" No ... I want to neutralize the poison of werewolves. "
Jim jumped as if he had been bitten by a wasp, "Werewolf?! Those are werewolves out there? Oh, Lord, the vampires were not enough ... "
" What are the cantropi, Dad? "Ellie said with a tired voice, the girl began to succumb to drowsiness.
"No, love, are the beasts that are bad in our garden."
"They'll always be there?"
"I hope not, Ellie. You try to sleep now, you'll see that when you wake up will be gone. "
" Okay ... I can sleep here with you? "
" Just for tonight, young lady. "
" Yes, just for tonight. Good night mom, dad goodnight ... goodnight, Lord White. "
" Good night, Ellie ... "said the vampire in a whisper.
All were silent for a moment, each lost in thought. Alice looked furtively Raistan and saw that the baby was staring with a look of sadness.
"It's our whole life."
"I know. I can hear clearly. It is nice to have someone ... or something to live for. "
" You do not have it? "
" No. Ever had. I told you, I'm a damn selfish. I must have quell'alcol and quell'accendino, Mrs. Andrews. Now. "
" Okay, but I have not yet figured out what he wants to do. "
" I want to cauterize wounds. "
" I mean ... wants to set fire to the whole upper part of his body? "
" The idea is more or less that, yes. "
" You is crazy! If you do not die from the poison, we think the burns, "
" When I tell her, she will stop .... "Again
stunned silence from the humans.
"I realize I put myself in a position of disadvantage, you may decide not to do it and I continue to burn, but must not forget that I can read minds. If scoverò this intention, she will not hesitate to take it with me. "
Alice jumped up, furious:" There is no need to continue to threaten, I never thought of letting someone burned alive in my living room, "
" Well, better that way. I prefer to always put the record straight. "
vampire's face was dripping sweat already bloodied quell'inquietante. Alice got up and left the room to get what he asked.
"I can take the girl upstairs? I guess that will not be a good show "asked Jim.
"Go. I want her back here in five minutes. "
" Thank you. ... It sure what that is? "
"No. But it's the last thing that remains to be groped. "



(END PART)


* *


This is the first appearance of Raistan in my mind, girls. For days, the image of the vampire hurt, sad, fallen into a house in search of human help, has bewitched my mind, forcing me to sit down and write. Did not do it for a long time, but the result made me fall in love with him and made me want to know more myself. It 's inevitable that some of the things that are contrary to what is told later in the books, but at this stage I did not know anything about him and passed his long life, so forgive me. I hope you enjoyed the story and it has further approached him and his world, a place I visited with passion and whose return still with great pleasure, to hear him tell the final part of his story. For me it's like home. I hope it will become for you. Thank
Claudietta - again - for me the space for his dedication and passion for my Dutch.

LUCIA G.


The very first time I was right Raistan of this 16-page short story - will post the second and final part tomorrow - and the first image that is came to mind while reading the description of this being pale, tall, long blonde hair and blue eyes sparkle with a crimson center - was that of Prince Nuada in Hellboy. Only later, after reading the first novel, a portrait of me Raistan he specialized in the head. In this story I was struck Raistan of alienation from his strange behavior and his animal injured. But we can already see, on one side, his ferocity and his impudence, the other his incredible tenderness.
Lucia and I have decided that
The Visitor deserved to be shared with anyone and here it is.

CLAUDIA



Lucia NB: This story won the publisher's Demito and will soon be published in a collection where you'll get the title.


0 comments:

Post a Comment